MBS PROGRAM (ACCOUNTANCY, FINANCE & MARKETING)
The objective of the MBS programme is to enable the students to work as competent managers and to meet the demand of higher level managers in organizations, particularly in the functional areas of management. Upon graduation, a student should be able to function as a manager in business, industry, government and non-government sectors, within and outside the country, in areas like accounting, marketing, finance and general management. The MBS programme specifically aims to:
- Equip students with required conceptual knowledge of business and management.
- Prepare managers in the functional areas of management.
- Develop knowledge and skill of business environment in national and global perspective.
- Encourage entrepreneurial capabilities in students to make them effective change agents in the Nepalese society.
- Develop research capability in students.
- Prepare foundation for advanced studies and research in management.
The students applying for admission to MBS course must have successfully completed the BBS program or a bachelor degree on any discipline from TU or from any other university recognized by TU.
Students applying for the MBS program must fill in the application blank with all details of their personal information and past academic records. The selection of students shall be based on CMAT. The test shall be based on the GMAT and GRE format. The admission test shall be concentrated on testing verbal ability, quantitative ability, business/economics, logical reasoning and general awareness. There shall be altogether hundred (100) questions in the CMAT containing 20 questions in each section. Students must secure a minimum of 40 percent in the CMAT in order to qualify for the admission.